We are all called to share Christ's peace in our community. Kick off the summer by joining our first Here2Serve event of the season! This will be a big morning with multiple projects to choose from. We also encourage you to invite family and friends to serve with you!
Schedule for the day:
8:30-9:00am: All volunteers meet at Prince of Peace to check in, meet your team, and get directions
9:00-9:15am: Travel to serving sites
11:45am-Noon: Travel back to Prince of Peace for lunch
Noon-1:00pm: Lunch and debrief together
Serving Team Options
- Acts of Kindness Team – Paint kindness rocks, attach encouraging notes to pinwheels, and scatter them around town! All ages Gifts and Passions: Encouragement, Helps, Mercy
- Administration Team – Make preparations before the event and check in volunteers the morning of the event. You could also catch up with a project team after everyone is checked in. Ages 14+ Gifts and Passions: Administration, Helps, Hospitality ***THIS TEAM IS FULL.
- Encouragement Team – Provide encouragement by creating crafts for Pastor Bauman to take to nursing homes and other places he visits. Ages 5+ Gifts and Passions: Encouragement, Helps, Mercy, Crafts
- Food Team – Prepare lunch for our volunteers and also make a meal to take to our local Fire Station. Ages 5+ Gifts and Passions: Baking, Cooking, Helps, Hospitality ***THIS TEAM IS FULL.
- JOURNEYS Food Bags Team - Create food bags for homeless clients of JOURNEYS Hope Center and also lunches for their summer PADS shelter sites. We will be using peanut butter! Ages 8+ Gifts and Passions: Encouragement, Helps, Mercy ***THIS TEAM IS FULL.
- Parks & Play Team – Share kites, bubbles, and conversation with families at local parks. All ages Gifts and Passions: Encouragement, Helps, Hospitality, Mercy
- Seeds Community Garden Team – Come work in our Seeds Community garden, which is a joint partnership with Partners for Our Communities. We will build a new garden bed and tend to our crops. Bring gardening/work gloves if you have them. Ages 5+ Gifts and Passions: Encouragement, Gardening, Helps, Mercy
- WINGS Donation Center Team – Help sort donations at WINGS' clearinghouse in Elk Grove Village. WINGS ministers to women and children who are escaping domestic abuse, and proceeds from their resale shops fund 25% of their programs. WINGS requires volunteers to bring a signed copy of this waiver. Ages 10+ Gifts and Passions: Administration, Helps, Mercy
We tried to pick projects that would be a good fit for a variety of ages and abilities. For our littlest servants, the Parks & Play team or Acts of Kindness team are good options for them to be part of the day with their families.
Click here to register for the event.
Please contact Susan Klemstein with any questions or to help plan other events for this summer!