This will be another big serving day with multiple projects to choose from. Schedule for the day:
11:30am to Noon: Meet at Prince of Peace to check in, meet your team, get directions, and grab a quick lunch.
Noon–12:30pm: Travel to serving sites
2:30–3:00pm: Travel back to Prince of Peace for dessert
3:00pm–3:30pm: Dessert and debrief
- Administration Team – Help with preparation before the event and checking in volunteers the morning of the event. You could also catch up with a project team after everyone is checked in. Ages 14+ Gifts and Passions: Administration, Helps, Hospitality
- Community Art Project Team – Create a joint art project with clients of the Kenneth Young Center, a not-for-profit, comprehensive provider of mental health and senior citizens' support services located in Mt. Prospect. Ages 18+ Gifts and Passions: Art, Encouragement, Helps, Mercy
- Emergency Food Kit Team – Create emergency food kits for Good Samaritan Ministries, based in Palatine, to hand out to homeless clients in need. We will also do some onsite cleaning/organizing at Good Samaritan. Ages 8+ Gifts and Passions: Encouragement, Helps, Mercy This team is at maximum capacity. Please pick another team.
- Encouragement Team – Help provide encouragement by creating crafts for Pastor Bauman to take to nursing homes. We will also create cards to send to prison inmates. Ages 5+ Gifts and Passions: Encouragement, Helps, Mercy, Crafts
- Food Team – Help feed our volunteers and also take a meal to the local police station. We have budget to buy prepared food for a simple lunch. Ages 5+ Gifts and Passions: Baking, Cooking, Helps, Hospitality
- JOURNEYS Team – JOURNEYS is a collaborative effort between the HOPE Center and PADS shelter sites focusing on intervention and prevention for those who are homeless or at risk of being homeless. We will be doing various maintenance and administrative projects at the HOPE Center facility in Palatine. Ages 11+ Gifts and Passions: Administration, Encouragement, Helps, Mercy, Building Maintenance & Repairs
- Lutheran Home Team – The Lutheran Home is located in Arlington Heights. We will be leading the residents in a sing-a-long and visiting with them. Ages 5+ Gifts and Passions: Encouragement, Helps, Hospitality, Mercy, Seniors
- Parks & Popsicles Team – Clean up our local parks and then share popsicles and conversation with families at the parks. All ages! Gifts and Passions: Encouragement, Helps, Hospitality, Mercy