A few highlights from the work of your Board of Directors over the last quarter:
- The following board members were elected as officers of the board: Paul Wickland—Chair, Warren s Graber—Vice Chair, Mike Radochonski—Secretary.
- An Outreach Pastor Call Committee was formed in July and has been working to identify a candidate for a call. The committee includes Board members Jan Christiansen, Warren Graber and Sue Meyle, as well as POP members, Ed Brown, Pat Diehl, Al LaVanture, Steve Koelsch, JoAnn Wiemann, & Eileen Zeplin.
- The dates of the fall Voters’ Assemblies were set for December 7th & 14th, both at 9:15 am in the Fellowship Hall. The main purpose of these meetings is to extend a divine call to an Outreach Pastor candidate and to adopt a budget for the congregation for 2009. Members are strongly encouraged to attend both meetings.
- A number of revisions to the Board’s policy manual have been made. These revisions will be included in the Board’s report to the Voters in December. The Board will also be recommending some changes to the church’s bylaws. The updated policy manual and the current Constitution & Bylaws of the church is now posted on the church’s web site.
- The Board has developed a number of metrics, or measurements, it will use to measure progress toward its desired outcomes. (The desired outcomes and metrics are on the back on this sheet). The POP staff are now working on developing ministry plans to move the congregation forward toward these four desired outcomes.
- The Board is working on developing a communication plan for ongoing dialogue with the congregation.
Desired Outcomes & Metrics
Evangelism — Non-believers and the unchurched are coming to faith in Christ and are being enfolded in the life of the church.
- Non-member baptisms
- Non-member adult affirmations of faith
- Non-member youth confirmations
Assimilation — Every person who joins the church is using his/her gifts to accomplish the work of the church.
- # & % of members serving on a ministry team
- # & % of members making financial contributions to POP in the last year.
Discipleship — Church members are consistently encouraged, challenged and equipped to take “next steps” as a disciple of Jesus.
- Weekend Worship attendance
- % of members involved in POP Bible classes and small groups.
Pastoral Care — Every person in the church is known, loved and cared for in a personal way.
Pastoral Care Metrics:
- # & % of members involved in a small group.
- # & % of members who feel known, loved and cared for in a personal way.