The Board appointed Audit Committee completed the 2008 fiscal year audit of the financial elements of POP. The committee found that the financial reports are maintained in accordance with POP policies and procedures. Minor recommendations were also provided. Thanks to Brian Klemstein, Marc Paquette, Bill Heffernan, and Jack Campbell !
- The Board hosted the 2009 spring Voter’s meeting on April 26th. Highlights include: (1) The election of 3 new BOD members: Jim Duran, Marlene Mahn, and Susan Stolz … you are most welcome ! Our gratitude goes out to Jim Diehl, Scott Dismeier, and Warren Graber for their service on the BOD this past year. (2) The adoption of proposed changes to POP’s By-Laws. See the Board Resource area on POP’s website: http://www.reachgrowserve.org/boardresources.php to view not only POP’s By-Laws … but also the Board’s Policy Manual, a tutorial on Policy Based Governance, and Board Briefings (this publication).
- The Board has elected three new Officers. They are: Paul Wickland – Chair, Susan Meyle – Vice Chair, and Jim Duran - Secretary
- The Board invited members between the ages of 23-45 for an open Dialogue Session on May 3rd to discuss the congregation’s Strategic Focus. We would like to thank the 23 folks who gave their time to provide interactive and sincere dialogue. Many good ideas were brought forth. The Board plans to have these sessions on a quarterly basis.
- The BOD hosted a Special Voter’s Meeting on May 17th to call Pastor John Scott from Faith Lutheran in Appleton, Wisconsin to be POP’s Outreach Pastor. We thank the Call Committee members for their hard work and discernment as well as the members of the congregation. Most of all we praise God for blessing us with an awesome leader in Pastor John Scott.
- The Board completed the first ever annual Senior Pastor performance appraisal at POP.
- Coming up for the Board of Directors:
- July: Orientation for new Board members; Quarterly review of POPs financial condition
- August: Host dialogue session with member key segment
- September: Review of Long Range Outlook report from Senior Pastor