This will be a big serving day with multiple projects to choose from.
Schedule for the day:
8:30-9:00am: All volunteers meet at Prince of Peace to check in, meet your team, and get directions
9:00-9:15am: Travel to serving sites
11:45am-Noon: Travel back to Prince of Peace for lunch
Noon-1:00pm: Lunch and debrief together
- Administration Team – Make preparations before the event and check in volunteers the morning of the event. You could also catch up with a project team after everyone is checked in. Ages 14+ Gifts and Passions: Administration, Helps, Hospitality THIS TEAM IS CURRENTLY FULL
- Encouragement Team – Provide encouragement by creating crafts for Pastor Bauman to take to nursing homes. We will also create cards to send to prison inmates. Ages 5+ Gifts and Passions: Encouragement, Helps, Mercy, Crafts
- Family Outreach Team – Update our worship busy bags and create "no bummer summer" activity kits. Ages 5+ Gifts and Passions: Administration, Helps, Hospitality
- Food Team – Feed our volunteers and also make a meal to take to the local Fire Station. Ages 5+ Gifts and Passions: Baking, Cooking, Helps, Hospitality THIS TEAM IS CURRENTLY FULL
- Immanuel Lutheran School Team – Partner with Immanuel Lutheran Church & School to complete some school maintenance and organizational projects to prepare for the next school year. Ages 8+ Gifts and Passions: Administration, Encouragement, Helps
- JOURNEYS Food Bags Team - Create food bags for homeless clients of JOURNEYS Hope Center and local overnight PADS shelter sites. Ages 8+ Gifts and Passions: Encouragement, Helps, Mercy THIS TEAM IS CURRENTLY FULL
- Parks & Play Team – Share kites, bubbles, and conversation with families at local parks. All ages Gifts and Passions: Encouragement, Helps, Hospitality, Mercy
- Seeds Community Garden Team – Come work in our Seeds Community garden, which is a joint partnership with Partners for Our Communities. We will build a bean pole structure, fencing, and tend to our crops. Bring gardening/work gloves if you have them. Ages 5+ Gifts and Passions: Encouragement, Gardening, Helps, Mercy
We tried to pick projects that would be a good fit for all ages and abilities. For our littlest servants, the Parks & Play team is a good option for them to be part of the day with their families. We will also have nursery coverage available as a back-up.
Please complete one event registration per family member attending.
Please contact Susan Klemstein with any questions.