SATURDAY, JUNE 25
This will be a big serving day with multiple projects to choose from. Schedule for the day:
9:00-9:30am: All volunteers meet at Prince of Peace to check in, meet your team, and get directions
9:30-10:00am: Travel to serving sites
Noon-12:30pm: Travel back to Prince of Peace for lunch
12:30pm-1:30pm: Lunch and debrief together
- Administration Team – Help with preparation before the event and checking in volunteers the morning of the event. You could also catch up with a project team after everyone is checked in. Ages 14+ Gifts and Passions: Administration, Helps, Hospitality
- Community Threads Team – Serve at the resale store in Arlington Heights that benefits Crosspoint and other local ministries. We will process donations, organize the sales floor, and other tasks. Ages 11+ Gifts and Passions: Administration, Helps, Mercy, Retail
- Encouragement Team – Help provide encouragement by creating crafts for Pastor Bauman to take to nursing homes. We will also create cards to send to prison inmates. Ages 5+ Gifts and Passions: Encouragement, Helps, Mercy, Crafts This team is full, please choose another team.
- Food Team – Help feed our volunteers and also make a meal to take to the local Fire Station. Ages 5+ Gifts and Passions: Baking, Cooking, Helps, Hospitality
- Hope Shawl Team – Knit and crochet shawls and lap blankets to bless others. All experience levels welcome. Yarn, needles, and training will be provided. Ages 10+ Gifts and Passions: Crochet, Encouragement, Helps, Knit, Mercy
- Parks & Popsicles Team – Clean up our local parks and then share popsicles and conversation with families at the parks. Ages 3+ Gifts and Passions: Encouragement, Helps, Hospitality, Mercy
- PHD Team – Preservation of Human Dignity (PHD) is one of mission partners who provides support to moms and families. After receiving a tour of the facility, we will be helping in their Baby & Maternity Closet. Ages 8+ Gifts and Passions: Administration, Encouragement, Helps, Mercy, Children & Families
- POC/POP Community Garden Team – Come work in our Partners for Our Communities/Prince of Peace Community Garden. We will be filling the garden beds with dirt, compost, and fertilizer, building planter boxes, and potentially building mesh fencing. Bring gardening/work gloves and shovels if you have them. Ages 5+ Gifts and Passions: Encouragement, Gardening, Helps, Mercy This team is full, please choose another team.
- VBS Facility Prep Team – Help prep our spaces to welcome more than 250 children to our Vacation Bible School in July. We will be cleaning and organizing rooms. Ages 8+ Gifts and Passions: Administration, Helps This team is full, please choose another team.
- WINGS Team – WINGS ministers to women and children who are escaping domestic abuse. We will be serving at a local safe house doing inside/outside projects. Ages 18+ Gifts and Passions: Administration, Encouragement, Helps, Mercy