A few highlights from the work of the Board of Directors:
- The Board appointed its annual review committee to evaluate Prince of Peace’s 2012 fiscal year financial records and practices. The following individuals are on the committee: Al Kehe (Board Member), Susan Meyle (Board Member), Bill Wilbanks (Lay Member/Accountant), and Jan Kehe (Lay Member/Accountant). The committee’s report will be shared with the congregation in the Spring Voters Report.
- The 2013 spring congregational meetings are scheduled on April 28th (Informational) and May 5th (Voters) at 9:30am. The primary item on the agenda will be the annual election of three new members of the Board of Directors. Current Board members Jeff Horvath, Bo Vossel, and Al Kehe will complete their terms of service in May and have decided not to run for re-election. Be sure to thank them for their leadership, service and dedication over the past three years.
- Board of Directors nominations are now being accepted for the Prince of Peace Board. If you know someone who is well–qualified to give leadership to our congregation as a member of the Board, please complete a nomination form. Forms, as well as a document describing the qualifications and responsibilities of Board members, are available at the Welcome Center. Return completed nomination forms to Mark Hiller's church mailbox by Friday, March 8.
- The Board will host a Town-Hall format meeting on Sunday, April 14th at 9:30am. In addition to discussing the Strategic Focus and answering questions from the congregation, we will share insights from Susan Beaumont’s book – Inside the Large Congregation. Susan has intimate knowledge of the strengths, challenges, and uniqueness of larger congregations (400+in average weekend worship attendance), as well as the specific leadership and organizational needs of these congregations. Prince of Peace’s 2013 budget allocates funding for a Strategic Planning Consultant. Plans have been put in place to begin working directly with Susan in the coming months. We look forward to learning from her and beginning the process of making clear the path the Lord is leading us down as we make plans for the future.
- Check out the Board Resource area on Prince of Peace’s website. It features: (1) the congregation’s Constitution and By-Laws (2) the Board Policy Manual and (3) Board Briefing archive (this publication).
- Prince of Peace has been blessed with a number of new ministry leaders and staff this past year. Check out the back side/below of this “Board Briefing” to see an updated Prince of Peace Organizational Chart.